Research and Writing
Publications on typographic topics, available for download include:
- Aesthetic Innovation in Indigenous Typefaces: Designing a Lushootseed Font [originally in GLIMPSE journal, Issue 7]
- Of What Consequence, Design? [essay on the design of the Initial Teaching Alphabet]
- Searching for Morris Fuller Benton [masters dissertation]
- Resurrection of a Reliance [documents the rebuilding of a Reliance handpress] resurrection_reliance.pdf
- Native American Fonts & Tribal Sovereignty [first published in the Book Club of California Quarterly, July 2018]
Searching for Morris Fuller Benton. A letterpress printed limited edition book, hand typeset in Morris Fuller Benton's typeface, Cloister Oldstyle, is available from Sherwin Beach Press. It contains additional research not in the original masters dissertation, and an original woodcut print by Carl Montford. It is in the collection of the Library of Congress.